Pillow Biters/ Twilight Moonlighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pillow Biters/ Twilight Moonlighter Forum

Grab a drink, sit back, and mingle among Twi-friends. An extension of The Twilight Moonlighter: http://twilightmoonlighter.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Soundtrack and score faves

+2
RocDay
Admin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Soundtrack and score faves Empty Soundtrack and score faves Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Bella's Lullaby, of course-- I also love flightless bird, go all the way, tremble for my beloved, and Supermassive Black Hole!!!!

Ahh, the score-- I've been listening to that the past couple of days.... I LOVE "Who Are They" and "Meadow" .... I always picture them in the meadow and her touching him... the way it should really be....

https://pillowbiters.twilight-mania.com

2Soundtrack and score faves Empty Flightless Bird Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 pm

RocDay

RocDay

I was entranced while they were dancing in the gazebo and "Flightless Bird" was playing in the background, until.....
... I looked up the words and started laughing. Now when I see that scene, I'm looking at it in a whole new light - bizarre song choice – but great melody – so I try to focus on that aspect now.

(I found a plausible explanation of the lyrics, if anyone wants to read it – let me know)

The words are:

Flightless Bird, American Mouth Lyrics

I was a quick wet boy, diving too deep for coins
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys
Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere

Have I found you
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping or lost you, american mouth
Big pill looming

Now I'm a fat house cat
Nursing my sore blunt tongue
Watching the warm poison rats curl through the wide fence cracks
Pissing on magazine photos
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold
And clean blood of Christ mountain stream

Have I found you
Flightless bird, grounded, bleeding or lost you, american mouth
Big pill stuck going down

3Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I know the lyrics (though I sing kissing insted of pissing- it sounds nicer!)... please post the explanation! I'm so confused by the lyrics.

Though once the song comes on I slip into my prom mode happy place, so I don't really care what they are at that point...

https://pillowbiters.twilight-mania.com

4Soundtrack and score faves Empty Flightless Bird - explained Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:36 pm

RocDay

RocDay

This is what I found on Yahoo answers:
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Ok of course anthing that anyone says is going to be a matter of interpretation but it's agreed among fans of the band that the song is about the state of America.

The first verse refers to America in it's early days e.g., the American Dream and America's 'youth'. A time when the mass media hadn't corrupted and diversified the country. Then the party is over and as a society we "cut our long baby hair" and got on with being an 'Adult', 'Mature' society.

Second verse refers to how we as a society have become so settled in our mundane "American Dream" that we can no longer stand up to the "poison rats" that come through the "wide fence cracks" because we are so busy focusing on our own lot and becoming "fat house cats". This could also be a reference to terrorism or war. The "pissing on magazine photos....." etc I believe is a reference to how we take up pastimes as a consumer activity rather than for the pleasure of it.

The lyric "Have I found you flightless bird, grounded/Jealous weeping" refers to the American Bald Eagle. The "American Mouth" is a literal reference to the American voice and the ability for the American to speak up as a nation, or if you want to get literal-Bush was not the rightful president in the previous election, but because of his manipulation of the media, he became president. What good is the collective American mouth if it speaks with a "sore blunt tounge" that isn't even heard!

As for its use in Twilight, the music was certainly good at setting the mood of the prom scene but unfortunately the subject matter was quite inappropriate!

As I said this is just a common interpretation and I honestly think that if people believe that it is about love or about Bella and Edward then their own interpretation is what matters. As a songwriter myself I understand that it doesn't matter what a song means to me, it's what it means to the audience that truly matters. If they think they can find a meaning in it and relate to that meaning then the song is successful and I think that is why Sam Beam's lyrics are so good. They are both his and yours!

5Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Tasha

Tasha

I really like "Eyes On Fire". It's dark and moody. Vampire-y.

http://somethinglessproductive.blogspot.com

6Soundtrack and score faves Empty RE: Eyes on fire Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:25 pm

RocDay

RocDay

Oooh Yeah! Love that song too! I've got that on my laptop, and have been known to put that in continuous loop from time to time. My teenagers don’t seem to mind too much, my husband on the other hand is waiting for my “phase” to pass. Do ya know the words? It's absolutely perfect for that scene:

by Blue Foundation : Eyes On Fire Lyrics

I’ll seek you out,
Flay you alive
One more word and you won’t survive
And I’m not scared of your stolen power
I see right through you any hour

I won’t soothe your pain
I won’t ease your strain
You’ll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

I won’t soothe your pain
I won’t ease your strain
You’ll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

Eyes on fire
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

And just in time
In the right place
Steadily emerging with grace

7Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Tasha

Tasha

See?! It's Biology class perfection!

"phase"...pssht...tell him NEVER!

http://somethinglessproductive.blogspot.com

8Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:12 pm

jennyw

Bella's lullaby of course! But, for a song with words, it's Eyes on Fire all the way-love it!!!

9Soundtrack and score faves Empty Let Me Sign Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:18 pm

RocDay

RocDay

Does anyone wish as I do, that "Let Me Sign" was longer? When I found out that Rob sang this one and "Never Think" I was shocked - the voice just doesn't seem to match his image. Even tried looking for YouTube video of him singing so I could get the image in my head... nothing.

Then I found out that "Let Me Sign" wasn't on the soundtrack - is that true? This was a pivotal song in the movie! And it's not included?

Now, I'd like to find more of his music, and there's nothing: what gives? His singing voice isn't for everyone, granted, but there's no way to get a decent recording of the songs that have meant so much to me. Even if it's just to hear him play the piano and/or guitar... I don't care.

Has anyone heard anything otherwise?

And just a FYI, the words to Let Me Sign:

Robert Pattinson - Let Me Sign Lyrics

Ooh
Standing by a broken tree
Her hands are all twisted,
She's pointing at me,
I was damned by the light comin'
Over all as she
Spoke with a voice that,
disrupted the sky.
She said,
"Walk on over, yeah
to this bit of shade,
I will wrap you in my arms"
And hold you safe,
"Let me sign,
let me sign."

10Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm

VitaminR70

VitaminR70

Rochelle: You can find some of his music at Pattinson Online in their music archive. You can't download it but there are 7 songs there. http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/ Scroll down the pictures to the left and click on the one where he is Art from "How to Be". When I first heard him sing I found him a little difficult to listen to--of course, I first heard him on bootlegged recordings from his open mic days. In the polished, recorded stuff from the soundtrack I like his voice a bit better. It seems like when he does his open mic stuff he tries to push his voice and it makes his singing a bit more edgy. It looks like we will be getting a lot more to listen to soon since he just divulged he is going to do a whole soundtrack. Woohoo!

11Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 am

RocDay

RocDay

Oh VitaminR70 … really? you sure? Don’t tease me like that unless your serious! He’s going to do a soundtrack --- thank God! You just made my day!

I know his style isn’t for everyone, but that “guttery” sound seems to hit me right where I live. Don’t know why – perhaps a throw back from the Barry White or Issac Hayes days (dating myself) – the sultry seductive (we need to have sex now) voices of the past. Don’t know what it is, either you love it or hate it.

I can't wait till he gets into a studio with decent equipment...

... did I tell you You just made my day?! Thanks so much for the link - I'm on it!

Rochelle

12Soundtrack and score faves Empty Re: Soundtrack and score faves Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:13 am

crazzycat

"Super massive Black Hole" by Muse excellent choice for this movie

http://www.glittergraphicsnow.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum