Pillow Biters/ Twilight Moonlighter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pillow Biters/ Twilight Moonlighter Forum

Grab a drink, sit back, and mingle among Twi-friends. An extension of The Twilight Moonlighter: http://twilightmoonlighter.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

pretty much all of breaking dawn

+2
Admin
Lauren
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty pretty much all of breaking dawn Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 am

Lauren

I was surprised that the hottest scene, I think, occured in Eclipse when they are on the bed. the Honeymoon didn't really do anything for me (except when I picture myself on the island with edward/rob...). I was also dispointed that Bella was such a boring vampire! I think it would have been more fun for some real challenges at dealing with new desires and her incredible strength.
I also think that her and edwards relationship turns into a bore. They are like an old married couple.
I was Extremely disappointed at the ending. There was like 300 pages of Nothing happening, all for nothing to happen. A freaking talk on the baseball field? boring. and I don't feel like anything got resolved either. I think stephanie either should have had bella go to the volturi by herself, and then they all go to south america and find the half vamp/human dude.... OR, have a huge battle and overthrow the volturi! I think she likes to avoid any good fight scenes. with the werewolves, and some of the volturi witnesses on their side I think the cullens could have come away with very few causalties.
all in all I was really disappointed with the final book of the series.

2pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty Re: pretty much all of breaking dawn Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

It's funny because what I loved in the first books seemed a little too dapper for the final. I loved that there were easy solutions to the conflicts- I like things wrapped up in pretty packages... but it was so glaring in Breaking Dawn- everything wrapped up so easily with build up, build up, for nothing...

That said, I still enjoyed Breaking Dawn... I've come to terms with Jacob, even... unless I think too hard about it.

https://pillowbiters.twilight-mania.com

3pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty Re: pretty much all of breaking dawn Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Tasha

Tasha

I totally agree. BD isn't my fav. It was...meh. I love Leah though! All hail the harpy!...hehehe

I've found a FanFiction that I really really like, Eternal Dawn. It's not perfect, but it's close.

http://somethinglessproductive.blogspot.com

4pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty Re: pretty much all of breaking dawn Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:30 pm

jennyw

I have to agree about BD, as far as the lack of action. I understand why Stephenie couldn't write an epic battle scene at the end, b/c it would have been to "perfect" if none of the Cullens or werewolves died. But, some more action for Bella as a vamp would have been good! At least to have her go to Italy alone, even if the Volturi decided to follow her back. I can't say I am as passionate about not liking BD, I still loved it, but certain aspects could have been more exciting!

5pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty Re: pretty much all of breaking dawn Wed May 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Whitley

Whitley

I agree about BD. In fact, the first time I read it, I was so disappointed I had to put it down and walk away for a few weeks. The wedding was fine, the honeymoon was fine. When Bella got preggo, that's when things got a little too fan fic for me.

I've read it all the way through since then, and I don't hate it nearly as much now, I just wish Step had gone a totally different direction with that.

6pretty much all of breaking dawn Empty Re: pretty much all of breaking dawn Sat May 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Daniel

Tasha wrote:I totally agree. BD isn't my fav. It was...meh. I love Leah though! All hail the harpy!...hehehe

I've found a FanFiction that I really really like, Eternal Dawn. It's not perfect, but it's close.

I registered here just so I could say THANK YOU for mentioning that fanfic. I was curious and went looking for it. It was very very good. I think I may have enjoyed reading it more than most of BD.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]